Call for TDR International Postgraduate Scholarship for Academic Year 2017/ 2018 3rd Batch
Call for TDR International
for Academic Year 2017/ 2018
Faculty of Medicine, Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM), Yogyakarta, Indonesia invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for a place in the following full-time postgraduate programmes, with a focus on Implementation Research for the 2017-2018 academic year.
The scheme, which is provided by TDR, the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases based at the World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland, provides full scholarship (http://www.who.int/tdr/capacity/strengthening/postgraduate/en/). Only applicants from low-and middle-income countries of WHO South-East Asia and West Pacific regions are eligible
The training will be focused on courses relevant to a career in implementation research on infectious disease of poverty. Implementation research is a growing field that supports the identification of health system bottlenecks and approaches to address them, and is particularly useful in low- and middle- income countries where many health interventions do not research those who need them the most. The goal of this scheme is to enhance postgraduate training capacity and boost the number of researchers in low and middle- income countries.
Further information on implementation research is available from:
Limited number of scholarships will be offered for the 2017/2018 academic year in the International Master Programme in Public Health, leading to a MPH degree (2 years duration). The programme is taught in English.
Recipients will be enrolled as postgraduate students, and their careers will be tracked with the new TDR Global alumni and stakeholder platform that will be launched in the next year, providing ongoing monitoring of the impact of the programme, as well as networking and increased visibility opportunities for students.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Nationals and residences from low- and middle income countries (data.worldbank.org/about/country-and-lending-groups) of WHO South-East Asia and West Pacific regions.
- Applicants should normally be under 35 years old for the Master programme.
- Meet the standard University requirements for international postgraduate students (graduate.fk.ugm.ac.id)
Faculty of Medicine
Universitas Gadjah Mada
The scholarship covers:
- Return economy airfare between the home country of the student and Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
- Tuition fees and a basic medical and accident insurance
- Support for research project/thesis expenses, including travel and sustenance during data collection in home country
- Indonesian language course to improve integration in the university’s environment
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses equivalent to local living cost
Applying for the TDR International Postgraduate Scheme at UGM
To apply this program, you must send your application in two step:
- 1. For International applicants please login at http://um.ugm.ac.id/v.2015.2/foreign/idx.php and choose Master of Public Health.
- 2. Applicants must also complete the TDR international postgraduate scholarship (application form) and email this form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Indonesian applicants, please login at http://um.ugm.ac.id and choose Ilmu Kesehatan Masyarakat (Public Health)
Please send the online form and all documents to email@example.com
Only completed forms will be further processes.
Calendar for applications
Date the call for applications is posted online April 28, 2017
Deadline for application August 31, 2017
Announcement of selection result September 30, 2017
Applicants will have 7 calendar days to confirm acceptance after notification of offer. After this date, it will be assumed that the student refuses the scholarship. Faculty of Medicine UGM reserves the right to refuse or end attribution of the scholarship if the provided information has been proven false.
August 31st, 2017
For more information on the scheme at Faculty of Medicine UGM, please contact:
Ms Yuyun Yohana, the Graduate Programme Office, Faculty of Medicine, UGM
Telp : (+62-274) 560300 ext. 205
Fax : (+62-274) 581876
Ms. Emilia Wulandari, Public Health Office, Faculty of Medicine, UGM
Tel nr : (0274) 547869
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Trackback from your site.